Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Not by Might, Nor by Power"

I've had a tough time in the past couple months of trying to do things in my power and force and constantly failing... Until, I woke up one morning with Zechariah 4:6 in my mind.
I released the things that I was trying to accomplish, into the Lord's hands, and I've taken a seat back to wait patiently on Him, to bring them to pass in His own timing...

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the Lord."

It is not by human might (force) and not by human strength that will sustain what is needed to accomplish His will... It is "By His Spirit." It is by the grace given to us by His Spirit that all things are accomplished...
He is not looking for people who are independent, but who have become dependent upon His Spirit.
He is not looking for those who will initiate their own agendas, but who will wait for Him patiently to initiate what is in His heart and then follow Him.
And He is not looking for people who have mastered human strength, but people who have recognized that it is in our weaknesses that His Strength is made perfect...

We can work hard in a place of rest... When we are allowing the work of the Spirit to lead us and open the way for accomplishing what He desires... Then we are not driven by our own will or force...
~Kathi Pelton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...